Ruben’s Safety Presentation
Funny – Inspiring – Engaging – Improve Your Safety Culture
Contingency Planning in the Luge
Safety and Managing Risk – Champion Secrets
Many people think that lugers are adrenaline junkies. On the contrary, lugers as a whole are very analytical and rigorously follow proven processes. They understand that in order to consistently have the best times, they need to manage risk and stay safe because when you are hurt you can’t train.
The adrenaline junkies quit after a few weeks and go on to something else.
Although Ruben enjoys challenging himself with high risk activities, he always manages risk by learning from the experts and doing lots of due diligence before taking action. In sports, at work and in life, you don’t know what you don’t know and what you don’t know can hurt you.
In this presentation Ruben shares the importance of learning what to do and what not to do to stay safe and to produce more.
He does this through entertaining stories about climbing Kilimanjaro, skydiving in South Africa, luging, running with the bulls in Pamplona, and other great high risk experiences where Ruben was able to stay injury free by managing the risk around him.
Your people will learn:
- How to reduce disability.
- How to achieve superior safety in the workplace.
- How focusing on the task at hand increases safety.
- How to take responsibility for your results.
- How to using due diligence prevents accidents.
- How to be present and how to create contingency plans.
“Ruben’s presentation on how he managed risk in the Olympic luge inspired me to write a book about what I learned from playing in the NFL. Success requires taking risks. Ruben teaches you how to manage it. Thank you Ruben!”
Lou Piccone – Director, NY Public Safety Company
“Ruben did an outstanding job at our safety conference.”
Western NY Safety Conference
Visualize Your Goals
What are the Chances that You’ll Succeed?
Over 100 Fortune 500 Clients in Five Continents
“Your talk was superb. You helped our conference shine!”
– Daniel Ranta – Director, Knowledge Sharing – ConocoPhillips
“Ruben did a phenomenal job of bringing a message of hope to our associates.”
– David Erland – New York Life
“Ruben, you have inspired us all to reach new heights, and for that we salute you.”
– Kurt Ritter – General Marketing Manager – Chevrolet Motor Division
“Ruben’s message was insightful, motivating and inspirational. Ruben stands out a as a role model for all who have dreams and want to learn how to turn them into reality.”
– Neddy Perez – Shell Oil
“Ruben ignited our meeting. His message was right on target. It generated immediate action and helped us excel as a company.”
– George Chavel – CEO – Sodexo
“This was a fantastic lesson on leadership. Listening to ‘The story of your dreams and your life’ is a real example for us to follow as Business leaders.”
– Caroline Basyn – CIO – Bacardi
Why Choose Ruben?
When you hire the right speaker, your audience leaves energized, entertained, educated and alive with possibilities.
Over 100 Fortune 500 Clients
Best Selling Author
Award Winning Speaker
Funny, Engaging, Real
People Relate to Ruben
Depending on your objectives, Ruben can tailor his presentation in several directions.
Ruben’s presentation is about what he had to do to get to the Winter Games and how following those principles will help you realize your goals faster. Bottom line, he helps improve individual and organizational performance.
In order to make it he had to:
- Muster the belief in himself that it was possible,
- Reverse engineer the whole process,
- Sell himself to the people whose help he would need,
- Create a team of people to help him get there,
- Raise capital to fund the project,
- Become resilient in the face of huge obstacles, and finally,
- Perform under huge pressure.
Ruben made it in spite of:
- Not taking up the sport of luge until he was 21 years old,
- Living thousands of miles from the luge training centers and,
- Not being a great athlete to begin with.
He went on to become the only person to ever compete in four Winter Games each in a different decade.
“If you will listen to Ruben speak your life will change.”
– Lou Holtz
Ruben will show your people how to:
- Increase their self-belief,
- Become more resilient so they can overcome obstacles,
- Become self-reliant so can solve their own problems,
- Improve sales closing rates,
- Work as a team,
- Become better leaders,
- Improve customer retention rates, and
- To take responsibility to they can become more productive.
Ruben’s story takes people’s excuses away and fills them with the belief they need to fight for their goals and dreams. Ruben will give your people a swift kick in the rear.
His story will be a wake up call that will leave your people wanting to burn the house down – ready to take massive action for you.